About 40 students from the University of Bergen, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences and Norwegian School of Economics attended the kick-off for StudentIdé on 6th December.
– It is very pleasing to register that students from all the educational institutions we cooperate with were present. We know that many students are busy with exams in this period and in light of this we think that the attendance is good. This is a great start for StudentIdé, says Nils-Eivind Holmedal, Business Developer at Bergen Teknologioverføring.
New opportunity for entrepreneurial students
StudentIdé is a new collaboration between Sparebanken Vest and Bergen Teknologioverføring. The competition seems to be a popular measure as BTO have already received several exciting applications. We have great hopes that more applications will find our way before the application deadline 31st December.
– StudentIdé is one of several measures that can help Bergen become an attractive city for students with good innovative ideas and an entrepreneurial mind. This competition is one of several tools we can contribute with to help our owners achieve their goals for entrepreneurship among students, says Kjetil Myhren-Berge, Communication Manager at Bergen Teknologioverføring.
The best ideas in the competition will get the exciting opportunity to present themselves in front of a competent and experienced jury. They will select the winner based on novelty, impact on society, potential use and probability of success. The winner takes it all – 50 000 NOK!
Stepping stone towards STUD-ENT application
The Norwegian Research Council was also invited to the kick-off to talk about the funding opportunities they offer through the STUD-ENT program. Here students with good ideas can get up to 1 MNOK in support. Two projects from Bergen were granted funding from STUD-ENT in 2017. They are both enrolled in the BTO incubation program receiving valuable counselling from our team.
– We hope that StudentIdé can inspire and help even more Master Degree students from Bergen to apply for funding from STUD-ENT. This is a great program as it gives students the opportunity to develop and verify their research based innovative ideas, says Myhren-Berge.
Who can join?
- You have to be a student at the University of Bergen (UiB), Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL) or Norwegian School of Economics (NHH).
- One or several students (e.g. a group) can submit an idea
- The idea needs to be innovative and offer something new
Deadline: 31st December 2017
Please contact Nils-Eivind Holmedal or Sonia Pandher if you have any questions or would like to discuss your idea.